miércoles, 2 de febrero de 2022

Revision Units 3 and 4, Bachillerato.

 Phrasal verbs and vocabulary (pages 35 / 49):

Grow up, settle down, work out, put up, stick to, bring up, clear up, put off, end up, let down, get over, take of.

Complain, lose, value, challenge, opposite, amazing…

Grow up: become older.
When I grow up I want to be a pilot.

Settle down: finding a place to live all your life.

When I settle down, I´have two kids.

Stick to: keep doing the same things.
I´ll always stick to my rules.

Present Perfect or Present Perfect Continuous (page 36 /37):

HAVE / HAS +  V-ED    -   HAVE / HAS + BEEN + V-ING

They have been travelling for hours but they haven´t arrived yet.

How long have you been studying?

How long have you studied?

I have been looking for you for hours but I haven´t found you yet?

Prefixes: re- ex- in- im- dis- un- (page 40)

Disagree, impolite, unsociable, unbelievable, dishonest, uncomfortable, ex-wife, remarried, insane, untidy, unfair.

Prepositions of time (page 43)

 by, until, during, for, since, on, in.

I must be at school by 8.30 and stay until 14.30.

I´ve lived in Vallecas since 2012, so I´ve lived here for 10 years.

I had dinner during the evening.

I arrived in / on time.
In time (a tiempo) On time (con tiempo)

Future Perfect and Future Continuous (pages 50/51)

F. PERFECT: Subject + WILL + HAVE + V-ED

F. CONTINUOUS: Subject + WILL + BE + V-ING

I will have finished Bachillerato by 2023.

I will be studying Bachillerato next year.

Tomorrow we have to be at school at 8.80.

In English we will be revising for the exam because we will have finished the Unit.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario