lunes, 21 de octubre de 2019

Revision Unit 1 4th ESO

 1    Complete the sentences with the correct form of the verbs in brackets. Use used  to
in sentences 1–3 and would in sentences 4 and 5.
1       I                              (not like) playing outside very much when I was a child.
2                                                       (your parents / be) hippies when they were young?
3       When my parents were young, they                              (go) to a lot of concerts.
4       My grandmother                             (always / make) me a snack when I got home from school.
5       My mother                             (collect) me from school every day when I was at primary school.


2                Circle the correct words.

1       Did you use to / Would you have long hair when you were young?
2       My grandparents used / would go dancing a lot as teenagers.
3       Jack didn’t use to / didn’t used to ride his bicycle very often as a  child.
4       How often Ben used to / would Ben play football when he was ten?
5       We used to / would live in New York when I was growing up.


3    Complete the sentences with the past perfect form of the verbs in   brackets.

1       Ben couldn’t buy the T-shirt he wanted because he                    (spend) all his money.
2       I watched a great programme on TV last night. I                    (not see) it before.
3                                    (Mum / make) dinner when you arrived home last night?
4       Jack wanted to buy tickets for the concert, but they                  (sell out).
5                           (you / meet) Sam’s friend before?



4                  Circle the correct words.

1       Dad still didn’t arrive / hadn’t arrived home by the time I went out last night.
2       I got / had got to school quite late yesterday  morning.
3       We didn’t see / hadn’t seen Jenny at the party last  week.
4       Ben and Harry finally got tickets for the film that they waited / had waited so long to see.
5       Tim wasn’t allowed to come to the concert because he didn’t ask / hadn’t asked his  parents.



5 Draw                                       
1   a baggy /
2    a flowery /
3   flat / silk
4
a fitted /
5
tight / baggy
stripy jumper
denim dress
shoes

stripy coat

jeans




6              Circle the correct words.

1       John says he’s afraid for / of going out in the dark.
2       My mum’s very keen on / about taking photos in her spare  time.
3       I’m very excited with / about going to New York next month!
4       You should be proud for / of the painting you did it’s brilliant!
5       My class are all interested by / in History because our teacher’s so good.

7                   Circle the correct options.

1       That’s a lovely soft scarf is it made of real     ?
a   silk                      b   denim
2       My mum was really happy      the present I bought her.
a   for                       b   with
3       My sister has always been fascinated      changes in fashion.
a   from                    b  by
4       I like that T-shirt you’re wearing. It’s really         !
a   cool                     b   horrible
5       I’m afraid      being alone at home.
a   of                        b  at

Functions

8                   Tick the correct options to complete the conversations.

1       How about this sweater?
a       Yes, it’s really nice.
b       I suppose so.
c       They’re a bit baggy.
2       I really like the jeans in this shop. a  What’s the matter with them? b   Why don’t you try some on?  c   Where did you buy them?
3       Where are the changing rooms?
a       I’ll go there for you.
b       Over there on the left.
c       That’s a good idea.


4       Do you think this shirt suits me?
a       I see what you mean!
b       Never mind!
c       You look great!
5       These jeans don’t fit very well.
a       No, that style isn’t in at the moment.
b       No, they’re a bit tight.
c       No, you look better in purple.



Writing

11    Write a biography of your favourite band or artist. Use the prompts below to help you. Write at least 150 words.

    name of the group/artist

    type of music
    where they are/were from
    style of clothes/hair
    when they formed/split up
    record sales
    famous songs/albums
    personal facts


1 comentario:

  1. Hey Nice Blog!!! Thank you for sharing information. Wonderful blog & good post. Its really helpful for me to understand the concept of Basic English Grammar . Waiting for a more new post. Keep Blogging

    ResponderEliminar