lunes, 21 de octubre de 2019

Grammar practice – Unit 1 1st Bachillerato


Present simple and present continuous

1 Choose the best answers to complete the sentences.
1  My brother ____ many followers on Twitter.
    a have                      b doesn’t have           c don’t have
2  I this ____ link on my blog now.
    a ’m sharing             b share                      c ’re sharing
3  Sarah ____ her emails this evening.
    a isn’t reading          b ’m not reading         c don’t read
4  ‘Where is he?’ ‘He ____ some English exercises.’
    a download               b downloads               c ’s downloading
5  Susan ____ out the latest apps.
    a always checks        b check                      c checks always
6  Just a minute, I ____ this file.
    a save                      b ’m saving                c saves

2 Complete the sentences with the present simple or the present continuous form of the verbs in brackets.
1  Dan _______________________________  (create) a new app at the moment.
2  My uncle _______________________________  (always, forget) the password
    to his mobile phone.
3  What ____________________________________  (be) the name of your blog?
4  What music ____________________________  (you, listen) to at the moment?
5  My dad ____________________________  (not use) his phone to take photos.
6  _____________________________ (they, upload) videos to Vimeo every week?







3 Complete the text with the present simple or the present continuous form of the verbs in brackets.
I ’m not very good with technology – my friends call me a technophobe.
I 1 ______________________  (never, know) what to do when there is a problem.
At the moment, my friends and I 2 __________________  (prepare) a presentation
for our history class. We 3 _________________________  (create) the slides, but
my computer 4 ________________________  (not work) properly. Sometimes the
screen 5__________________________________ (go) blank and I
6 ________________________________ (lose) all the work I have done. When I
7______________________ (have) a problem, I 8 ____________________(call)
my friend, Ian. He 9 ______________________________  (fix) everything. At the
moment he 10 _____________________________  (try) to find our presentation.
I’m sure he will!

State verbs

4 Complete the sentences with the correct form of the verbs in brackets.
  1 _______________________________________ (you, hear) the dog barking?
  2 I ___________________________________  (not believe) it’s the best laptop.
  3 Who __________________________________________  (you, want) to win?
  4 Dave ________________________________  (see) Isa after school tomorrow.
  5 What _______________________________  (you, prefer), texting or emailing?
  6 Paul _____________________________________  (think) about going to the
     Campus Party next year.
  7 At the moment my friends really __________________________  (like) Hozier.
  8 We ____________________________  (not understand) this exercise. It’s very
     difficult to do.
  9 We _______________________________________  (have) a party tomorrow.
10 How often ______________________________  (you, see) your grandparents?




5 Correct the underlined mistakes in the sentences.
1  I’m believing in you. ______________________________________________
2  He is preferring the second song. ____________________________________
3  Mary isn’t understanding the questions. _______________________________
4  He is hating fish. _________________________________________________
5  Peter has a FaceTime conversation now. _______________________________

6 Complete the dialogue with the correct form of the verbs in brackets.
Assistant: Can I help you?
Customer: I 1 _________________________ (think) about getting a new phone.
My phone 2 ___________________________ (not have) much storage for photos.
I 3 ______________________________________  (save) them on my computer.
Assistant: OK. 4 ________________________ (you, look for) any other features?
Customer: Yes, I am. It 5 __________________________ (need) a good camera
and an MP3 player.
Assistant: I 6 _________________________  (think) the ESO 3 is a good option.
Customer: It’s a nice phone, but I 7 ____________________________  (not like)
gold. 8 _____________________________________  (it, come) in other colours?
Assistant: No, it doesn’t. We 9__________________ (get) the new Bach 2 mobile
tomorrow. It 10 _______________________________  (come) in red, blue, white
and black. It’s got 4G.
Customer: OK. That sounds good. I’ll come back tomorrow.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario