lunes, 28 de septiembre de 2026

WH Question Words

what?: asking for information about something. Example: What is your name? My name is __.
                   What do you like? I like video games.

which?: asking about choice. Example: Which colour do you want? I like blue.
                     Which is your favourite animal? My favourite animal is the capybara.

when?: asking about time. Example: When did he leave? He left yesterday.
                    When is your birthday? It is in May, on the 15th.

where?: asking in or at what place or position. Example: Where do you live? I live in Vk.
                     Where is Bogotá? It´s in Colombia.

who?: asking what or which person or people (subject). Example: Who opened the door? I did.
                 Who is your best friend? My best friend is Oscar.     

whose?: asking about ownership. Example: Whose are these keys? They are mine.
                      Whose are these glasses? They are mine.

why?: asking for reason, asking what...for. Example: Why do you say that? Because I know it.
                 Why are you so happy? I´m happy because it´s Friday.

how?: asking about manner. Example: How does this work? It needs a key.
                asking about condition or quality. Example: How was your exam? It was easy.

how + adj/adv?: asking about extent or degree:

how much?: quantity (uncountable). Example: How much milk do you want? I want a glass.

how many?: quantity (countable). Example: How many cars are there? There are three.

how far?: distance. Example: How far do you live? I live half an hour away.

how long?: length (time or space). Example: How long will it take? It will take 2 hours.

how old?: age. Example: How old are you? I am thirty years old.

what...for?: asking for a reason, asking why. Example: What did you do that for? Just because!

how come?:  asking for reason, asking why. Example: How come I can't see her? Cause she is out...

 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario