lunes, 6 de mayo de 2019

Reported Speech, Extra, 1° Bachillerato

Reported statements

1 Match the direct statements 1–6 with the reported ones a–f.

1  ‘We started reporting this story 30 minutes ago’. ____
2  ‘We have three reporters at the scene of the crime’. ____
3  ‘We have received news that the president is going to give more information
    shortly’. ____
4  ‘We are going live to the scene of the attack now. ____
5  ‘We can promise that our reporters will report on the attack when we have all
    the information. ____
6  ‘Our team will update you with anything new that happens. ____

a  She said that they had received news that the president was going to give more
    information shortly.
b  She said that they could promise that their reporters would report on the attack
    when they had all the information.
c  She said that their team would update us with anything new that happened.
d  The newscaster said that they had started reporting this story 30 minutes
    before.
e  She said that they were going live to the scene of the attack at that moment.
f   She said that they had three reporters at the scene of the crime.

 2 Rewrite the statements in reported speech.

1  ‘I’m tired.’
    She said she _______________________________________________  tired.
2  ‘You have written an interesting article.’
    The teacher told her she __________________________  an interesting article.
3  ‘We will never see each other again.’
    The man said that they ______________________________  each other again.
4  ‘Peter can’t swim very well.’
    He told me that Peter ______________________________________  very well.
5  ‘I’m going to the doctor later.’
    My father said that he ______________________________  to the doctor later.
6  ‘My sister was really upset yesterday.’
    He said that his sister _________________________________  the day before.
7  ‘I was going home when he rang.’
    She said that she ________________________________  home when he rang.
8  ‘I won’t be home until late.’
    My mum said that she ________________________________  home until late.

Reported questions

3 Rewrite the questions as reported questions.

1  ‘What is your favourite website?’ Karen asked me.
    ______________________________________________________________
2 ‘Did you watch the tennis match?’ Ella asked John.
    ______________________________________________________________
3 ‘Will you sign an autograph for me?’ Luke asked Gasol.
    ______________________________________________________________
4 ‘What can you do with that app?’ Gemma asked Kieran.
    ______________________________________________________________
5 ‘Who are you texting?’ Mike asked Anita.
    ______________________________________________________________
6 ‘Do you want to go to the cinema?’ Luis asked Joe.
    ______________________________________________________________


4 Choose the best answers to complete the sentences.

1  My mother said told us to switch off the computer.
2  My cousin offered suggested that we have pizza for lunch.
3  Jane said told she wanted to check her email.
4  My grandmother offered advised to go shopping with me.
5  The celebrity said told the journalist her life story.
6  The police officer advised offered me to avoid that street.


5 Complete the sentences in reported speech.

1  ‘Don’t spend so much time on the internet!’
    My mum told me _________________________________________________
2  ‘Would you like me to get you credit for your phone.’
    My sister offered _________________________________________________
3  ‘Why don’t we see what’s on at the cinema.’
    My friend suggested that __________________________________________
4  ‘You should save your photos to the cloud.’
    Katie recommended ______________________________________________


6 Rewrite the dialogue in reported speech.

Lisa: 1 Matt, do you have an Instagram account?
Matt: 2 No, I don’t.
Lisa: 3 You should get one. It’s great for sharing photos.
Matt: 4 I prefer Twitter. I use it to follow my friends.
Lisa: 5 I don’t have a Twitter account.
Matt: 6 I can help you set one up. It’s really easy.
Lisa: 7 That would be great.
Matt: 8 First, we should think of a username and a password.
1  ______________________________________________________________
2  ______________________________________________________________
3  ______________________________________________________________
4  ______________________________________________________________
5  ______________________________________________________________
6  ______________________________________________________________
7  ______________________________________________________________
8  ______________________________________________________________

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario