lunes, 6 de mayo de 2019

Reported Speech, Practice, 1° Bachillerato

Reported statements


1 Complete the sentences with the verbs in the correct tense.

1  ‘We’ll talk to the press about it later.’
    The minister said ________________________________________________
2  ‘The terms and conditions of this app have changed.’
    The web manager said_____________________________________________
3  ‘The paparazzi waited outside my house for two days.’
    The actress said _________________________________________________
4  ‘There aren’t many people at the demonstration.’
    The representative said ____________________________________________
5  ‘My sister isn’t going to star in the show.’
    Elsa said _______________________________________________________
6  ‘The police officers arrested the hackers.’
    The spokesman said ______________________________________________

2 Rewrite the statements in reported speech.

1  ‘I’m tired.’
    She ______________________________________________________  tired.
2  ‘You have written an interesting article.’
    The teacher ____________________________________  an interesting article.
3  ‘We will never see each other again.’
    The man _________________________________________  each other again.
4  ‘Peter can’t swim very well.’
    He ____________________________________________________  very well.
5  ‘I’m going to the doctor later.’
    My father _______________________________________  to the doctor later.
6  ‘My sister was really upset yesterday.’
    He ________________________________________________ the day before.


Reported questions

3 Complete the questions as reported questions.

1  ‘What’s your name?’
    He asked me ____________________________________________________
2  ‘How often do you go shopping?’
    She asked her ___________________________________________________
3  ‘Will you arrive on time?’
    Her boyfriend asked her ___________________________________________
4  ‘Has the teacher arrived?’
    Carol asked me __________________________________________________
5  ‘Am I doing the right thing?’
    The president asked himself ________________________________________
6  ‘What will you do when you finish school?’
    My grandma asked me ____________________________________________

4 Complete the sentences with the correct form of the verbs in the box.

advise     ask     offer     say     suggest     tell
1  He ______________________  if Henry had closed the windows before leaving.
2  Our teacher __________________________  us that we should practise more if
    we wanted to win the contest.
3  My mother __________________________  us to tidy our rooms before dinner.
4  The mayor ________________________________  his office had acted legally.
5  My uncle____________________   that we go to the cinema the following week.
6  He _______________________________________  me help when I needed it.

5 Choose the best answers to complete the statements.

1  ‘You should join the art class.’
    The teacher told suggested that I join the art class.
2  ‘Don’t forget to post this letter.’
    My mum said told me not to forget to post the letter.
3  ‘I can take you to the cinema.’
    My brother offered advised to take us to the cinema.
4  ‘Why are you staying in on a Friday night?’
    My dad asked said me why I was staying in on a Friday night.
5  ‘Put on sunscreen if you don’t want to burn.’
    He suggested advised me to put on sunscreen if I didn’t want to burn.
6  ‘I’ll help you do the dishes.’
    He offered said to help me do the dishes.

6 Rewrite the dialogue in direct speech.

1 Lisa asked Matt if he had an Instagram account. 2 He said he didn’t. 3 Lisa suggested that he get one for sharing photos. 4 Matt said he preferred using Twitter5 Lisa said she didn’t have a Twitter account. 6 Matt offered to help her set one up. 7 He said it was really easy. 8 Lisa said that would be great. 9 Matt told her they should think of a username and a password. 10 He advised her to pick a password that contained letters and numbers.

1  Lisa: __________________________________________________________
2  Matt:__________________________________________________________   
3  Lisa: __________________________________________________________
4  Matt:__________________________________________________________   
5  Lisa: __________________________________________________________
6  Matt:__________________________________________________________   
7  Matt:__________________________________________________________   
8  Lisa: __________________________________________________________
9  Matt:__________________________________________________________   

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario