lunes, 10 de enero de 2022

Weather words

The sun is shining.
Today it´s a sunny day.
It isn´t rainy today but it´s wet.
I can´t see well when it´s foggy.
There is a cloud in the sky but it´s not cloudy.
I like storms but I hate lightning and thunder.
We have to be careful when it´s icy, but I like ice-skating.
We love to be warm in Winter and cool in Summer.
I don´t like hot days specially during heat waves.
Today it´s windy, the wind comes from the North.
It hardly ever snows in Madrid but I like snowy days.
Hail can be dangerous so I hate haily weather.


What is the weather like in Georgia?
Atlanta is humid and hot in Summer but cold in Winter.
It is not as cold as Madrid but it is more humid.

What is the weather like in Spain?
 It is dry and hot in Summer but very cold in Winter.
It is colder than Atlanta but it is not as humid.
Spring is warm and windy in Madrid. It´s sometimes cloudy and rainy.
Summer is hot and dry, it´s sometimes stormy.
Autumn or Fall is cool and windy and sometimes rainy.
Winter is cold, it´s frosty and sometimes wet!

Try this exercise:


Damp = moist = wet = humid
Brisk= cool = crisp
Overcast = gloomy = cloudy 
Dull = grey = boring
Breezy = slightly windy
Mild = gentle = pleasant
Chilly = cold = freezing

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario