jueves, 13 de enero de 2022

REVISION UNIT 3 (Bachillerato), page 46


Exercise 1:

 

1 She’s my brother’s daughter. My niece

2 She’s my wife’s mother. My mother-in-law

3 He’s my mother’s new husband. My step-father, step-dad

4 He was my husband, but we got divorced. Ex-husband, former husband

5 They are my brothers and sisters. My siblings

6 He was my father’s father’s father. My great-grandfather

7 She’s the daughter of my mother and her new husband. My half-sister, my step-sister

8 He’s my sister’s son. My nephew


 Exercise 2:

 1 He’s always telling lies, he’s so dishonest / untrustworthy

2 My sister is so untidy / messy / disordered 
There are things all over the place in her bedroom.

3 He’s very immature / childish, it really is time for him to grow up a bit!

4 She hates people who think differently from her – she’s very  intolerant /bigoted.

5 My two brothers always fight and disagree over everything.

 

Exercise 3:

1 I was born in London but I  grew up in Cambridge.

2 Brad took years to  find out what kind of job he wanted to do.

3 My parents brought me up in a very traditional way.

4 I’ve given up chocolate as a new year’s resolution, but it’s very difficult to stick to it!

5 My brother was a bit wild as a teenager, but in the end he settled down and started a family.

6 It was very kind of you to offer to put us up for two weeks in your house!

 

Exercise 4:

1 your aunt / retire / yet?

Has your aunt retired yet?
Yes, she has already retired. No, she hasn´t retired yet.

2 you / finish / your homework / yet?

Have you finished your homework yet?
Yes, I´ve already finished.
No, I haven´t finished yet.

3 my cousin / be married / five years

My cousin has been married for five years.

4 I / just / hear / the good news!

I have just heard the good news.

5 Gemma / already / pass / her driving test

She has already passed her test.

6 Martin / never / meet / sister-in-law

He has never met his sister-in-law.

7 my parents / go on holiday / three times this year!

My parents have been (/gone) on holiday 3 times this year.

8 they / not read / the book yet

They haven´t read that book yet.

 

Exercise 5:

1 Dan has been living in the same flat for ten years.

2 I haven´t been studying much lately, so I’m doing badly at school.

3 How long have they been going out?

4 My dad hasn´t been feeling well recently.

5 Where have your cousins been sleeping in your house?

6 My sister has been texting her friends all evening!


Exercise 6:

1 My uncle moved to Paris in 2010.

2 To retire means to stop working when you get old.

3 Someone was speaking all the time during the film!

4 Do you think you’ll easily get a job after university?

5 I’ve been sad since last Thursday because that’s when my girlfriend left me.

6 When you have passed all your exams at university, you graduate.


Other examples:

They have been professional surfers for two years.

      We´ve been hosting an exchange for three weeks.

        I have waited for two years.

        I have been waiting for two years.

 

        We have been (studying/ in) in Bachillerato for 4 months.

        We have been (studying/ in) Bachillerato since September.

 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario