lunes, 17 de enero de 2022

Future Perfect and Future Continuous

FUTURE CONTINUOUS (will be + verb-ing)

 This time next week I will be finishing my exams.
(I won´t have finished but I will have started)

FUTURE PERFECT (will have + verb-ed)

This time next week I will have finished my exams.
(The exams will be over)

This time next year, we will have finished 1st of Bachillerato and we will be finishing 2nd.

I will be watching the match but it will have finished by 8.

In ten years time I will have settled and I will be working.


Revision of the future tense willgoing to and the present continuous (page 50 ex.4):

A: I’ve just seen the weather forecast. It is going to rain tomorrow.

B: Is it? Do you think they will cancel the game?

A: No, probably not! So I think I´ll buy an umbrella!

B: Don’t do that. I will lend you one of mine.

A: That’s great, thanks! is your brother coming to the match, too?

B: No, he can’t. He is taking a plane tomorrow.

A: Is he? Where is he going (to go)?

B: He’s off to Portugal with his girlfriend.

A: Do you want to come with us? / Will you be coming with us?

B: Yes, I´m coming!!!!


Exercise 5, page 50:

1. Where will it take place? / Where is it going to take place?

2. Do you think women´s football will ever be as popular as men´s?

3. Who do you think will win the next World Cup?

4. What is the weather going to be like next week?

5. What are you doing / are you going to do after school?

Page 51, ex.9

1. What will be you doing this time next year? I´ll be studing 2nd of Bachillerato.

2. What will be doing this time next week? We will be taking an exam.

3. What will your your dad be doing this weekend? He will be resting.

4. What will you be doing at 9 tomorrow? We will be studying Philosophy.

5. What will you be doing for your next birthday? I will be takind my friends to a disco.

ex. 12

At four o’clock, we’ll be playing tennis. By five o’clock, we will have finished.

2 At 8:30, I’ll be travelling to school. By nine o’clock, I will have arrived.
I’m preparing for my driving test. I hope that by the end of the year I will have passed it.
Every year, more ice melts at the North Pole. By 2050, it will have disappeared.
It’s only the second day of the holiday and you’ve already spent half your money. In two or three days, you you will have spent it all.

I’m learning lots about computers on this course. By the end of it, I will have become an expert.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario