lunes, 29 de noviembre de 2021

Present Simple Vs. Present Continuous

 Present Simple  HABITS (THIRD PERSON -S)

I play football everyday.

He plays basketball once a month.


Present Continuous PUNCTUAL (AM / IS / ARE + V-ING

I am playing football today.

He is playing basketball now.

--------------------------------------------------------------

What are you doing now?

I am writing / listening / talking...


What do you usually do at the weekend?

I often sleep / rest / play / have fun / train at the weekend.


...........................................................................................................

EXAMPLES WITH PRESENT SIMPLE:
now, at the moment, right now. today

Brennan spends six hours working.
He prints it /them.
People often wear socks.
He loves making things.
He has got many designs.

Why does he do it?
Because he loves it.

EXAMPLES WITH PRESENT CONTINUOUS:
(be + V-ing)
everyday, every Monday, on Saturdays
, this week, usually, often, never, sometimes...

Most kids are relaxing now.
He is creating new designs.
He is using a computer to help him.

Why is he doing it?
Because he is getting a lot of money.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PRESENT SIMPLE TO CONTINUOUS EXAMPLES:

-They take photos   -   They are taking photos.

- I play a videogame   -  I am playing a video game.

- You don´t wear a costume.   -   You aren´t wearing a costume.

- He waits to get an autograph.  -   He is waiting to get an autograph.

- She doesn´t sit in the café.  -   She is sitting in the café.

THINGS ABOUT ME:

I´m sitting in class. I´m not wearing a hat.
My teacher is wearing... My teacher is speaking.
My classmates and I are looking at the board. 
My classmates and I are writing on our notebook.
The student next to me is working
The student next to me is thinking.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS

1. Can I borrow your dictionary?

    Sorry, I am using it at the moment.

2. What is Sam reading?

    A comic, he usually reads comics.

3. Does your teacher give you a lot of homework?

    Not very often, but this week we are studying for a test.

4. Alice is not sitting in her usual place.

    No, she is talking to Kim.

5. What do you do in the evenings? 

    I usually have dinner.

6. What are other people in your family doing now?

    They are working.

7. What do you usually wear to go out? 

    I usually wear a hoody and jeans.

8. What is your teacher wearing today?

    He is wearing a red fleece and brown trousers.

9. What language do you speak at home?

    We speak Spanish / Romanian...


2 comentarios:

  1. A huge free online English learning resource, thousands of conversations, short stories, and essays with audio and exercises for listening, speaking, reading, and writing, for in-class and after-class use. With over 2,500 conversations with audio and 3,000 short stories and essays with exercises, you are guaranteed to find something that's right for you. Best English Language Courses | Adult English Lessons | Beginner Esl Lessons

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Drawing on your students’ background knowledge and experiences, can be an effective method to bridge these gaps and to make the content more accessible. This article presents numerous ideas to classroom teachers as they discover ways to faucet into the background knowledge that college students bring with them. Learning a brand new language requires time, effort, and persistence.
    activities for english language learners | American English lessons | Basic Esl Lessons

    ResponderEliminar