lunes, 22 de noviembre de 2021

4.2 Revision Units 1 and 2

 

USED TO / WOULD:

 

My mother usually sang to me in the past.

My mum used to / would sing to me.

Did your mum use to sing in the past?

 

FOR / / SINCE / EVER / NEVER:

 

I haven´t been to any football match since 2017.

Have you ever gone to Australia?

I´ve been training football for weeks.

I´ve never eaten pasta there.

 

CLOTHES:

 

Colourful jacket, Flowery dress, Baggy trousers,

Silk scarf, Wool jumper, Leather jeans…

 

DO Vs. MAKE:

 

I´m doing my homework.

I´m making a cake.

I always make my bed.

She always does the right thing.

This room is made a mess, make your bed.

I´m doing good!

 

DEFINITIONS:

 

Groom (bridegroom): The man who marries the bride.

Always: An adverb meaning more than often, all the time.

Actual: Real, true.

Nowadays: These times, in our time.

 

READINGS:

 

CHINESE WEDDING (23)

NATURAL BORN (19)

BACK TO THE FUTURE (11)

RETRO BRITAIN (13)

 

PAST SIMPLE Vs. PAST PERFECT

 

Alejandro arrived when we had already finished.

You told me about Queen, I had hardly heard of that band.

She arrived in Madrid last week but she has been living in Barcelona all her life.

You did well in the exam, had you studied a lot?

How many pizza slices had you eaten before you got sick?

I had texted her twice before she answered.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario